Monday, June 22, 2009

Montgomery Farmers Market

Every Friday, in the Village of Montgomery, is a nice farmer's market from 11-5pm. Last month, while picking a strawberry plant for my daughter, I thought it would be nice to have a stand there to sell my Serendipity yarn & roving. So, for the past 2 Fridays I have set up a small stand there and it seems to be well received.


I have gotten a few "what are you selling?, oh, yarn?" but there have also been some knitters and crocheters as well. I'm hoping that word will get out a bit that I am there and more will stop by and check it out. It's a nice group of people and the weather has (for the most part) cleared on market days lately.
I will be there again this Friday from 11-5pm with hopefully even more yarn and roving. The market has also been good practice for my first fiber show, which will be the PA Endless Mountain Fiber Festival, Sept. 12 & 13, 2009 in Harford, PA with LOTS more fiber.


Also worth noting is the Summer of Socks 2009 that has kicked off and this year I made sure to join. I saw it last year but things were so crazy I decided to skip it. This year things are just as crazy but I figured if I joined I would maybe actually get some knitting done and I have to tell ya, the projects are starting to pile up! Plus, I really do love to knit, especially socks, so it will be good to have some pressure on me to relax and knit a bit (ironic, huh?). I tend to work better and faster with a deadline, which is a good thing because I'm also going to have to dye a boatload of yarn and roving for Sept. as well. [Note to self: no more procrastinating!].

I will be listing more yarn in the Etsy store for the next few days and my kids will out of school soon, so hopefully there will be more to write about. So, til next time...adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment